Jacob Wadsworth (Dansville) won a pair of events while Collin Stauffer (LeRoy) won an event as Alfred State competed at the annual Allegany County Classic as the Pioneers competed vs. Alfred University, Daemen, and Houghton. In dual meet scoring, the Pioneers were 3-0 on the day.
Wadsworth won the high jump of a leap of 1.87 m and the long jump with a winning jump of 6.31 m (.15 further than 2nd place). He was also part of the 4x100 relay team that finished 2nd in 45.76. In that race teamed with Michael Allender (Lewiston Porter), Cameron Howard (Brockport), and Zion Ponder.
Stauffer took the individual title in the triple jump with a leap of 12.16 m. His jump was .19 meter further than the 2nd place finisher.
Other top performances included:
- In the 100 m dash, Allender was 2nd (11.83), Stauffer was 3rd (11.90), and Howard was 4th (11.94).
- Paul Kemsley (Lancaster) was 2nd in the shot put (12.79 m) and 2nd in the hammer throw (34.66 m)
- Howard was also 3rd in the 200 m (24.20).
- Josh Jacobs was 2nd in the 300 m (41.55).
- Matthew Connolly (Elmira Notre Dame) was 2nd in the 3000 (10:00.29)
- Jesse Johnson was 3rd in the high jump (1.82 m) and Ponder was 3rd (1.82 m).
- Corey Seymour was 3rd in the long jump (6.08 m) and Stauffer was 4th (6.02 m).
- Jonathan Banks (Cheektowaga) was 4th in the shot put (10.94 m), 4th in the discus (29.10 m), and 4th in the hammer throw (32.97 m).
- Bryce Chapman (Geneseo) was 3rd in the discus (30.73 m), 5th in the hammer (30.87 m), and 5th in the javelin (34.12 m)
- Nicholas Brown (Wellsville) was 3rd in the javelin (35.39 m).
- Jacob Drew (Corning Painted Post) was 7th in the 800 m (2:06.49).
Alfred State defeated Houghton 90-60, Daemen 77-76, and Alfred University 97-54.
The Pioneers return to action on Friday, April 12th at the Cortland Invitational.