For the second time in three years, the Alfred State men's swimming and diving team finished 2nd at the AMCC Championships. The Pioneers scored 421 points over the four day event held at Penn State Behrend.
Austin Miller (Hornell) completed the diving sweep with a victory on the 3m board. He scored 484.45 points to claim the title and earn another spot in the NCAA Regionals. He was also named the AMCC Diver of the Year. It is the 3rd straight year that a Pioneer diver has claimed the top diving honor.
Ethan Dale (Lock Haven, PA) registered the top individual performance in the pool. He was 3rd in the 200 fly finishing in 2:02.05. The 400 free relay team of Tim Olin (Perry), Ryan McDowell (Gananda), Nate Miller (Gananda), and Dale capped off the event with a 2nd place finish in 3:21.70.
Other top performances included:
- Olin was 4th in the 200 back (2:06.63)
- McDowell was 5th in the 100 free (50.25)
- Anthony Kahwaty (Jefferson Township, NJ) was 5th in the 200 breast (2:23.74)
- Austin Eckrich (Churchville Chili) was 6th in the 1650 free
- Patrick McFadden (Midlakes) was 7th in the 1650 free (18:28.04).
Penn State Behrend took the team title with 865 points followed by the Pioneers. Pitt Bradford was 3rd (228), Penn State Altoona was 4th (223), and SUNY Delhi was 5th (119)
Miller will compete in the NCAA Diving Regionals to vie for a spot at the NCAA Divison III Nationals.