Anna Maria (1-7, 1-3) vs. Alfred State (0-8. 0-4)
2nd meeting, Anna Maria won last year 36-34
November 3rd * 1 p.m. * Pioneer Stadium
|Alfred State||Anna Maria|
|2018 Record (Overall/Conference)||0-8 (0-4 ECFC)||1-7 (1-3 ECFC)|
|2018 Offensive Numbers||
109.5 rushing yds/game
196.9 pass yds/game
90 rushing yds/game
160.3 pass yds/game
|2018 Defensive Numbers||41.1 points/game
233.2 rushing yds/game
256.6 pass yds/game
243.8 rushing yds/game
212.8 pass yds/game
|Players to Watch||QB # 18 Carter Harman||QB #12 Alex Cohen|
|OL: #71 Jevon Jeremy||WR #11 Marcelino da Veiga|
|DL #49 Brockton Weist||SS #33 Aiden Folster|
|DB/PR: #32 Austin Parker||FS #3 Carl St. Paul|
|DL: #55 John Lauretti||DL #92 Kai Nero-Clark|
Scouting Alfred State:
- Last Week: The football team pushed the ball all the way down to the Gallaudet 31 in the closing seconds but could not score as they lost a tight 13-9 contest in the nation's capital. Carter Harman passed for 161 yards in his first collegiate start. Jalen Long caught three passes for 79 yards and Darrius Nichols had three catches (one for a score) for 54 yards. Ronnie Clark rushed for 52 yards on the day. Michael Zimmerman continued his solid junior campaign with a game high 14 tackles (nine solo). Brockton Weist had nine tackles and Adam Bellaus had eight tackles and a pair of sacks.
- The Pioneers defense held Gallaudet to just 13 points last week while the special teams came up with two blocked kicks (punt and field goal).
- Carter Harman made his first start at quarterback and threw his first career touchdown last week. His development will be key this week vs. a defense that is allowing over nearly 39 points a game.
- The AMCATS have thrown 17 interceptions this year so the Pioneers defensive backfield led by Michael Zimmerman and Austin Parker will be key. Winning the turnover battle and scoring off turnovers will be another key to victory.
- Jalen Long caught three more passes for 79 yards last week and is creeping towards the 1,000 yard milestone. He is up to 857 yards on 48 receptions on the year. He also leads the team with six touchdowns.
- In last year's meeting, Anna Maria jumped out to a big lead, 30-7, and the Pioneers rally fell just short. Kiegan Brown had a career day finishing with 235 yards and three scores on 36 carries while Jalen Long caught four passes for 78 yards. Brandon Davis led the Pioneers with seven tackles while John Lauretti made six tackles (two for a loss).
- Prior to the game the Pioneers will honor seniors playing in their final home game at Alfred State - Giovanni Jean, Learoy Smith, Reshard Love, Austin Parker, Owen Davis, Brandon Davis, Ryan Shipher, Justin Reid-Espinal, John Lauretti, Jevon Jeremy, Brandon Ellers, and Joe Moscato.
Scouting Anna Maria:
- Last Week: The AMCATS fell 14-7 in strong winds and pouring rain to Maritime last weekend. Alex Cohen passed for 134 yards and ran the ball 16 times for 29 yards and a 2-yard touchdown. Vincent Marrone led the team in yards on the ground with 39 on 14 carries. James Cavallo and Marcelino Da Veiga both had three receptions apiece. Cavallo had a 28-yard reception for a long and he totaled 52 yards on the day. Da Veiga had 49 yards on the day receiving with a 45 yarder for a long. Nedrion Payne (Warterbury, Conn.) compiled nine tackles on the day including a forced fumble. He was closely followed by Jude Sampson and Kai Nero-Clark as they both ended the game with eight tackles apiece.
- Freshman quarterback Alex Cohen has saw action in all eight games. He has passed for 1,173 yards and eight scores. His favorite target is Marcelino Da Veiga who has 30 receptions (five scores) and 448 yards. Cohen has also rushed the ball 89 times and has scored all three of the AMCATS rushing touchdowns on the season.
- Jalin Hudson leads the rushing attack with 318 yards on 91 carries.
- Aiden Folster leads the defense with 62 tackles while Carl St. Paul has recorded 52. The team has recorded only five sacks led by Kai Nero-Clark's 1.5.
- The AMCATS are converting 36% of their 3rd downs, have 615 penalty yards, and have only been in the red zone ten times this season.
Around the ECFC:
Husson 5-0 ECFC - 6-2 overall
Maritime 4-1 ECFC - 6-2 overall
Gallaudet 3-1 ECFC - 3-3 overall
Dean 2-2 ECFC - 3-5 overall
Anna Maria 1-3 ECFC - 1-7 overall
Castleton 0-4 ECFC - 1-7 overall
Alfred State 0-4 ECFC - 0-8 overall
Games this week:
Saturday 11/3: Anna Maria at Alfred State, Gallaudet at Husson, Castleton at Dean, Hampton at Maritime
Game Day Information:
- Live Stats
- Live Video - free SD version - $4 for HD version - no audio other than natural sound and public address announcements.
- Tickets: $5 for Adults, $2 for Seniors, Free for Alfred State Students/Faculty & Staff, and youth under 13.
- Tailgating in Lot 20 will open at 9 a.m. - Tailgaiting Rules and Regulations
Up Next: Alfred State concludes the 2018 season with a trip to Castleton while Anna Maria travels to Dean.