Alfred State (0-7. 0-3) vs. Gallaudet (2-3, 2-1)
2nd meeting, Gallaudet won the 2017 meeting, 35-19
October 27th * 1 p.m. * Hotchkiss Field
|2018 Record (Overall/Conference)||0-7 (0-3 ECFC)||2-3 (2-1 ECFC)|
|2018 Offensive Numbers||
113.9 rushing yds/game
202 pass yds/game
277 rushing yds/game
105 pass yds/game
|2018 Defensive Numbers||45.1 points/game
236.4 rushing yds/game
280.3 pass yds/game
175.4 rushing yds/game
202.6 pass yds/game
|Players to Watch||WR #5 Jalen Long||SL #27 Cassmeir Hutchinson|
|RB #25 Ronnie Clark||WR #6 LJ Watson|
|WR #9 Darrius Nichols||DE #13 Demontrai Lewis|
|S #26 Mike Zimmerman||ILB #5 Mauricio Oroszo|
|DB #23 Kyle Backert||QB #15 Lance Wood|
Scouting Alfred State:
- Last Time Out: The Pioneers had their bye week last week. The weekend before Husson scored 43 unanswered points to erase a 14-13 deficit en route to a 56-14 victory. Jalen Long recorded his 5th 100-yard receiving game of the season. He caught nine passes for 169 yards and two scores. Darrius Nichols caught five passes for 115 yards and Kiegan Brown (Cortland) caught three passes for 64 yards. Dashown Wilson finished with 238 yards passing. Michael Zimmerman led the team with 12 tackles and an interception while Reshard Love had 10 stops. Kahmani McLeod chipped in eight tackles, a sack, and a fumble recovery. The Pioneer defense forced four turnovers.
- Jalen Long is putting his name in the record books this year and on the NCAA Leaderboard. Long has 45 catches for 778 yards and six scores on the season and now has 64 receptions for 1,122 yards during his career. His 778 yards is tops in a season for a Pioneer during the NCAA era and is 19th in all of NCAA DIII. His 111.1 receiving yards per game is 22nd in the NCAA.
- In their last contest, Darrius Nichols made also made an impact joining the wide receivers core and catching five passes for 115 yards.
- The Bison defense struggled defending the run last week vs. Dean. Look for Ronnie Clark (96 carries for 398 yards) and Kiegan Brown (56 carries for 205 yards) to make an impact in the game.
- Mike Zimmerman continues a solid junior season in which he leads the team with 51 total tackles and three interceptions.
- Defending the unique Gallaudet offensive scheme will be key. Defensive leaders John Lauretti and Brandon Davis will be asked to make big plays. The Bison offense also struggled last week holding on to the ball as they turned the ball over seven times vs. Dean.
- Last Week: Gallaudet turned the ball over seven times (five fumbles) in a 53-21 loss at Dean last week. Dean scored 20 points off of GU turnover and racked up 623 yards of total offense. The Bison scored the first points of the game but Dean scored 33 unanswered to take control from there. Freshman superback RJ Randle ran for a team-high 62 yards on 13 carries while Lance Wood and Logan Taylor went a combined 8-for-14 for 111 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions. Senior defensive end Demontrai Lewis and freshman cornerback Christopher Webb led the defense with eight tackles each. Lewis had three tackles for a loss of five yards while Webb's tackles were all solos. Orozco added seven tackles (four solo) in the loss.
- Five different Bison have rushed for over 100 yards on the season. Cassmeir Hutchinson leads the way 432 yards while Timel Benton has 229 yards. DeMichael Shelbon and Joseph Mendis each have three scores.
- Demontrai Lewis has had a big season for the Bison. He leads the team with 35 tackles and three sacks. Mauricio Orozco has 30 tackles and two interceptions. Gallaudet has only forced nine turnovers on the season but has turned the ball over 15 times.
- Gallaudet has struggled in the 2nd and 3rd quarters this season. They have been outscored 56-28 in the 2nd and 42-28 in the 3rd.
Around the ECFC:
Husson 4-0 ECFC - 5-2 overall
Maritime 3-1 ECFC - 5-2 overall
Gallaudet 2-1 ECFC - 2-3 overall
Dean 2-2 ECFC - 3-5 overall
Anna Maria 1-2 ECFC - 1-6 overall
Castleton 0-3 ECFC - 1-6 overall
Alfred State 0-3 ECFC - 0-7 overall
Games this week:
Saturday 10/27: Alfred State at Gallaudet, Husson at Castleton, and Maritime at Anna Maria
Up Next: Alfred State plays their final home game of the season next weekend when they host Anna Maria. Prior to the game the senior class will be honored. Gallaudet travels to Husson next Saturday.