Thirteen Alfred State student-athletes have been honored by the American Collegiate Athletic Association (ACAA) by being named to the All-Academic team or honor roll. A total of 141 student-athletes in the ACAA were honored.
Sophomore cross country athlete Katherine Frascella (Franklinville - Nursing), senior soccer player Dannielle O'Buckley (Jamaica/Ansbach - Surveying & Geometric Engineering), and sophomore soccer player Nathan Adamec (Lancaster - Financial Planning) highlighted the Academic All-ACAA team as three of the five student-athletes with 4.0 GPAs. The Academic All-ACAA team is comprised of 95 student-athletes with cumulative grade point averages of 3.50 or greater.
The following six athletes were also honored with Academic All-ACAA honors
- Sophomore soccer player Kathryn Parsons (York) Diagonostic Medical Sonography - 3.70 GPA
- Senior soccer player Michayla Salatel (Genseo) Financial Planning - 3.97 GPA
- Sophomore soccer player Brooke Scianna (Poughkeepsie/Spackenkill) Sport Management - 3.91
- Sophomore soccer player Chris Balys (Holley) Nursing - 3.63 GPA
- Sophomore soccer player Reed Goho (Mt. Morris) Accounting - 3.71 GPA
- Senior soccer player Christian Jankulowski (Webster) Architecture - 3.52 GPA
The Academic All-ACAA Honor Roll is made up of 46 student-athletes that hold cumulative grade point averages of 3.25 to 3.49 and has an average GPA of 3.45. Four Pioneers were honored with this distinction.
- Junior cross country athlete Conrad Kroll (Westtown/Minisink Valley) Digital Media & Animation - 3.42 GPA
- Junior soccer player Melissa Mineti (Livonia) Nursing - 3.29 GPA
- Sophomore soccer player Matt Borden (Belfast) Criminal Justice - 3.31 GPA
- Sophomore soccer player Tyler Jacobs (Eden) Construction Management - 3.35 GPA
To be eligible for either honor the student-athlete must have completed two semesters at their current institution and have participated in at least one contest during the current season.