Husson (3-2) vs. Alfred State (0-6)
8th meeting, Husson won 63-0 last year and leads the series 5-1
October 13th * Noon * Pioneer Stadium Stadium
|2018 Record (Overall/Conference)||0-6 (0-2 ECFC)||3-2 (2-0 ECFC)|
|2018 Offensive Numbers||
135.2 rushing yds/game
176.5 pass yds/game
182 rushing yds/game
221.6 pass yds/game
|2018 Defensive Numbers||43.3 points/game
215.0 rushing yds/game
264.7 pass yds/game
61.6 rushing yds/game
277 pass yds/game
|Players to Watch||WR #5 Jalen Long||QB #15 Corey Brandon|
|DB #10 Anthony Allen||RB #32 Miece Loureiro|
|DB #11 Giovanni Jean||WR #13 Kyle Gaudet|
|LB #52 Justin Reid Espinal||ILB #1 Elvin Suazo|
|OL #57 Brandon Ellers||DB #4 Jake Dobos|
Scouting Alfred State:
- Last Week: The football team fell 55-14 to SUNY Maritime in front of a jubilant homecoming crowd. In the contest, Jalen Long recorded his 4th 100-yard receiving game in the contest. The Privateers opened the game with a strong offensive showing, jumping out to a quick 14-0 lead in the 1st quarter before the Pioneers responded quickly with an eight-play, 71-yard drive, capped by a 50-yard touchdown pass from Dashown Wilson to Long, cutting the Privateers lead to 14-7. Maritime scored 21 unanswered to gain the 42-14 lead. On the second play of the 4th quarter, Wilson connected with Bladimir Vargas on a 21-yard scoring pass to get the blue & gold back on the board. The Privateers put the game away with a pair of 2-yard runs in the final five minutes to cap the scoring. The Pioneers were led offensively by Long, who caught 6 passes for 119 yards and a touchdown. Wilson completed 11 of 24 passes for 158 yards and two touchdowns. Defensively, Anthony Allen had seven total tackles for the Pioneers. Kyle Backert and Chris Plummer both had six tackles, including one for a loss. Michael Zimmerman finished the day with five tackles and an interception.
- Jalen Long continues to impress this season. He now has four 100-yard receiving games. His 609 yards is tops during the NCAA era and he is just one reception away from tying Khris Greggs for the most in a season. He is also 47 yards away from 1,000 yards receiving for his career.
- Last week the Pioneers were 6 of 14 on 3rd downs but they were unable to convert on three 4th down attempts. The defense did a solid job of holding the Privateers to 3 of 10 on 3rd down.
- Alfred State had a solid advantage in time of possession until the 4th quarter of the game. The Privateers held the ball for nearly 13 minutes of the final quarter.
- Anthony Allen had his best statistical game of the season vs. the very athletic receivers from Maritime. He finished the day with seven tackles (five solos).
- Winning the turnover battle and keeping control of the ball will be key vs. the high octane offense of Husson. Last week the Pioneers only turned the ball over once while Michael Zimmerman intercepted a pass.
- John Lauretti and the defensive line will be asked to disrupt the offensive flow of Corey Brandon and the passing attack.
- This will be the last meeting between the schools for awhile as Husson is leaving the ECFC after the 2018 season.
- Last Week: Husson raced to a 28-0 lead vs. Dean and earned a 48-16 victory. Miece Loureiro ran for 157 yards on 25 attempts with a long of 50, Cory Brandon completed 12-of-18 pass attempts for 175 yards and three touchdowns (51, 33, and ten yards). Kyle Gaudet caught six passes for 135 yards to become the third wide receiver in program history to surpass the 1,000 yards of receiving in their career and two touchdown catches. Jake Dobos led the Eagle defense with eight tackles (four solo, 0.5 for loss), Elvin Suazo contributed six tackles (four solo, two for loss) and a sack, and Tarik Smith had a big night for the Eagles as he finished with six tackles (four solo), two sacks, three tackles for loss and two big forced fumbles.
- Cory Brandon is leading the charge for the Eagles offense. He is completing 61.7% of his passes for 1,084 yards and 12 scores. His favorite target has been Kyle Gaudet. Gaudet has 31 catches for 439 yards and five scores.
- Miece Loureiro has rushed for 359 yards on 66 carries in five games while Solomon Hassen has rushed for 467 yards on 80 carries and four scores.
- Linebacker Elvin Suazo leads the defense with 41 tackles, three sacks, and an interception. Jake Dobos has 32 total tackles and has one of the teams six interceptions.
- The Eagles are converting 42% of their 3rd Downs and have scored touchdowns on 67% of their trips inside the red zone.
Around the ECFC:
Husson 2-0 ECFC - 3-2 overall
Gallaudet 1-0 ECFC - 1-3 overall
Maritime 1-1 ECFC - 3-2 overall
Dean 1-1 ECFC - 2-4 overall
Anna Maria 1-1 ECFC - 1-5 overall
Castleton 0-1 ECFC - 1-4 overall
Alfred State 0-2 ECFC - 0-6 overall
Games this week:
Saturday 10/13: Husson at Alfred State, Castleton at Gallaudet, and Dean at Maritime
Game Day Information:
- Live Stats
- Live Video - free SD version - $4 for HD version - no audio other than natural sound and public address announcements.
- Tickets: $5 for Adults, $2 for Seniors, Free for Alfred State Students/Faculty & Staff, and youth under 13.
- Tailgating in Lot 20 will open at 9 a.m. - Tailgaiting Rules and Regulations
Up Next: Alfred State has next week off and returns to action on October 27th when they travel to Washington DC to take on Gallaudet. Husson hosts Anna Maria next weekend as they celebrate homecoming.